The NZRA Will:
- Inform members of key industry issues, events and training.
- Continue to provide new and upgrade existing member
benefits such as equipment discounts and promotions.
- Continue to provide advice to members on business and product development.
- Facilitate annual river festival and rafting competitions.
- Organise annual rafting missions for members.
- Provide guide recruitment information for employers and employees.
- To develop relationships with mutually beneficial associations in New Zealand and overseas.
- Provision of industry advice and project development.
- Publication of the New Zealand Rafting Association newsletter on a quarterly basis.
- Liaise with both Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) and Sport Fitness Recreation and Industry Training Organisation (Skills Active) over new legislation and qualifications.
- Prepare submissions and lobby local and central government to protect/maintain members’ interests and the environment.
- Seek project funding from a range of organisations.
- The Annual General Meeting.
- Maintain the National Raft Guide Awards Register.
- Facilitate the role of the NZRA Executive Committee.
Back to Top